Ernest Henry Mining (EHM) supports the Cloncurry community through our Community Assistance Program which includes sponsorships, donations and in-kind support.
Through the program, we traditionally sponsor Cloncurry's major events, including the:
In 2017, EHM invested almost $125,000 on sponsorships, donations and other community support initiatives in Cloncurry.
A selection of our sponsorships and donations in 2017 included support for:
- Cloncurry Cats - Heat Triathlon
- Australian Junior Rodeo Association - Battle of the Bands
- Cloncurry Pony Club - Upgrade of wash bays
- Cloncurry Shire Council - C150 Celebrations
- Cloncurry Shire Council - Arthur Beetson Foundation Outback Shield
- Park Run - Cloncurry Park Run Launch
- NAIDOC Week Celebrations
- Quamby Rodeo
- 2017 Community Christmas Party
In addition we completed in-kind work on St Josephs Catholic school as we provided surveyors to assist with water damage, provided safety lessons at Cloncurry State School, loaned a flood light tower to Cloncurry Unearthed, donated expired health supplies to the North West Queensland Wildlife Care and donated beds, tables and fridges to Blue Care.
How to apply for support
To be eligible for either financial assistance or in-kind support from EHM, the organisation or association must:
- be non profit;
- have a high level of community involvement in Cloncurry Shire and a commitment to actively encourage this involvement;
- demonstrate efforts of self-help, funded not only by outright donations but also from other initiatives;
- demonstrate how the funding will directly benefit people in Cloncurry Shire; and
- be able to legitimately raise funds.
In line with our Community Assistance Program, we will look favourably at those organisations that have made efforts to raise funds through alternative funding sources, that have demonstrated a commitment to self-help and are organised and clear about the objectives of their organisation and/ or event.
While we support many sporting organisations and events in a number of ways, we do not provide funds to individual teams or to profit making enterprises, nor do we donate funds to individuals raising money as entrants in charitable events or for personal pursuits.
This program calls for applications on a quarterly basis and four rounds of funding will be distributed to the community in January, April, July and October each year. The below table outlines timelines for the 2018 Community Assistance Program:
|2 (2018)||12 February||23 February||19-23 March||April-June|
|3 (2018)||14 May||25 May||18-22 June||July-September|
|4 (2018)||13 August||24 August ||17-21 September ||October-December|
|1 (2019)||12 November||23 November ||17-21 December||January-March 2019 |